Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Life Forever Changed




With the New Year close at hand I cannot help but look back at the path my life has taken. I recognize that where I am today is not where I ever would have dreamed I'd be as a young girl.

I never thought I would be giving my life to fight for social justice in the name of Christ. I am so happy that God had a different purpose for me then I ever dreamed of! Pro life has been the most rewarding and fulfilling investment I have ever been blessed to engage in!

Five years ago around this time God took a hold of my life and broke my heart forever over abortion. Since then I have never be the same.


Once I started looking for the pain I found it was all around me and I was gripped with the fact I could no longer claim ignorance. I could not open up the hurt and wounds of others and then not offer them Christ. I could not tell someone that they were courageous enough to give birth to their baby without offering the support and care needed for them to do so. I could not tell them God loved them without being God's love to them. I could not expect others to know the truth about abortion and be educated if I was not willing to be speaking out on abortion.


I recognize that for 19 years I aided abortion. I did so by being silent on the issue and being too blind to see the hurt in those around me who suffered from post abortion stress. I was ignorant to the fact that 1/3 of my generation was missing from abortion and therefore did nothing to help those who were being aborted. I was completely oblivious that abortion effects an entire generation and leaves men and women in shame and hurt until they are able to walk the path of God's healing. I recognize now that ignorance and apathy aids social injustice.


Looking back over these past five years and into the year ahead I praise God for gripping my heart over the horrific reality of abortion and for making me incapable of ignoring its horror. I praise Him because it is only in Christ that I have been able to see the abuse and be motived to fight for the restoration of God's people. Jesus is the one who opened the eyes of my heart and showed me just how precious and sacred life created in His image is. I praise Him because I have passion to live and die for!





No comments:

Post a Comment